Other sports you can bet on
The list of sports you can bet on doesn’t begin and end with the major team-based sports. There are a number of other markets to explore, some of which see a great deal of action in their own right. This includes golf, darts, international sports, NASCAR and Aussie Rules Football, just to name a few.
There are a number of times when certain sports from will see a ton of betting action. Examples include a major tournament for golf or tennis, NASCAR’s Daytona 500, or a big UFC pay-per-view event.
One other quick note to keep in mind: Not every operator will offer each of the sports we’ve touched on. You can consult the books you plan to play on for an exact list, but the vast majority of them will have a large menu for you to browse through.
Can I bet on college sports in Colorado?
It’s good news on this front for college football and basketball fans. You can bet on college sports here in Colorado without issue. The only exception is that there is no prop betting allowed on any college sporting events.
Here in Colorado, you’ll be able to experience all of the fun and excitement of betting on college sports, including on the local teams. That means that betting on Air Force football is perfectly fine, as is wagering on Colorado basketball or any of the other local teams.
Beyond the locals, you’ll be able to get in the game with college football bowl season and March Madness like never before.
Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could get some bets in after the action had already started? Thanks to the wonders of live betting, you can.
Also known as in-game or in-play wagering, live betting is one of the fastest-growing parts of the sports betting landscape. It refers to bets you can place in real time as a contest unfolds.
It’s a fast-moving market in which the offerings will vary based on what’s going on. Typically, you’ll find new opportunities to bet on the outcome of the contest, wagers that resemble props and bets on certain segments of the game, such as a quarter in basketball or the next drive in a game of football.
Here are a few examples of what you might see:
- Which side will hold the halftime lead: Nuggets or Jazz?
- What will be the outcome of the Broncos’ next drive: TD/FG/punt/TO?
- How many shots will the Avalanche take in the second period: Over/under 8.5?
There’s no need to go to a busy sportsbook to get in on the action with live betting. Online platforms make it super simple to stay on top of the action, and current offerings are generally easy to find.
Live betting is a great way to get additional action on a contest, hedge or double down on your initial positions, or simply become more engaged with the games you love.
Colorado sports betting basics
You’ll have plenty of betting markets to choose from here in Colorado, and the same holds true for the ways you can wager. All of the major bet types are available at the major online and mobile platforms, ranging from the basics to the advanced.
Here’s a quick cheat sheet for the main bet types you’ll have to consider.
- Moneyline: This is a simple bet in which you are simply choosing the winner.
- Point spread: You can take the favorite minus the points, or go with the underdog plus the spread.
- Totals: These are wagers in which you choose over or under a benchmark number of points for the game as set by the sportsbook.
- Props: These are basically side wagers on something that may happen during the game or by its conclusion.
- Futures: These are bets on something that will happen down the road, such as the winner of the next Super Bowl or World Series.
- Parlays: These are wagers in which you include multiple outcomes on a single betting ticket in a quest for greater rewards.
- Live betting: Bets you can place in real time as the action unfolds on the field of play.
When starting out, remember that there’s no need to try to master everything at once. You can start with one or two bet types, build up your skills, and rinse and repeat as your skills advance. It’s worth taking the time to play around with each of the aforementioned bet types to determine which works best for your overall wagering strategy.