The No. 3 Michigan Wolverines (17-1 overall, 12-1 Big Ten) visit the Indiana Hoosiers (12-11, 7-9) Saturday. Tip-off is slated for noon ET at Simon Skojdt Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind.
Below, we analyze the Michigan-Indiana odds and lines, with NCAA college basketball picks and predictions.
Five Big Ten teams are ranked in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports. Three – Michigan, No. 4 Illinois and No. 5 Ohio State – are in the top five.
The Wolverines lead the Big Ten, holding a one-game lead over the Illini (17-6, 13-4), while the Hoosiers are tied for ninth.
Michigan at Indiana: Odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Michigan -450 (bet $450 to win $100) | Indiana +333 (bet $100 to win $333)
- Against the spread/ATS: Michigan -8.5 (-115) | Indiana +8.5 (-105)
- Over/Under: 138.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Michigan at Indiana: Three things to know
- Michigan has won its last 6 in a row, including recent back-to-back victories over ranked teams. The Wolverines claimed a huge victory at Ohio State 92-87 last Sunday as 1.5-point road favorites and shut down No. 12 Iowa 79-57 Thursday as 5-point home favorites. Behind freshman C Hunter Dickinson, who leads the Wolverines in points (14.9 points per game), rebounds (7.8 RPG) and blocks (1.7 BPG), they’re likely headed to a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- Indiana has looked pathetic as of late, dropping 2 in a row and 3 of 4. It’s been so bad that some IU fans are calling for the firing of head coach Archie Miller. The Hoosiers started out on fire in their past two games only to fall flat after building double-digit leads. In a 78-71 home loss to Michigan State Feb. 20, Indiana opened with a 21-10 run but was outscored 52-41 in the second half. At Rutgers Wednesday, IU led 23-8 after the first 10:18 only to trail 35-31 at the break. Sophomore F Trayce Jackson-Davis leads the Hoosiers with 20.3 PPG, 9.5 RPG and 1.5 BPG.
- This is the only regular-season meeting between the two rivals. Michigan has won the last 7 in the series, including an 89-65 rout as an 8.5-point home favorite in their only matchup last season.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, MI, NJ, TN, VA and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM‘s risk-free, first-bet offer!
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Michigan at Indiana: Odds, lines, predictions and picks
Michigan 82, Indiana 69
Money line (ML)
PASS. The Wolverines should dominate, but the -450 ML price is too risky.
Against the spread (ATS)
MICHIGAN -8.5 (-115) is the STRONGEST PLAY – 1½ times your usual wager. Michigan is a much better shooting team, hitting 50% from the field (ranking 13th in the country), 39.1% behind the 3-point line (ranking 12th) and 76.8% at the foul line (30th).
IU shoots 44.4% from the field (162nd), 35.0% from the 3-point arc (117th) and a miserable 66.5% from the line (294th).
Plus, Indiana’s bigs won’t be able to stop Dickinson, who should have a field day on the boards.
ATS: Michigan 14-4 | Indiana 12-10-1
OVER 138.5 (-110) is the play. While the Hoosiers struggle shooting the ball, at least they’re at home where the O/U is 5-1 in their last 6 games.
Expect Michigan to open up a big lead, which should trigger plenty of garbage points down the stretch.
O/U records: Michigan 8-10 | Indiana 13-9-1
|JOHNNY PARLAY’S RECORD||W-L||SP||ROI|
|College hoops since Jan. 1||60-45-1||28-25||+11.95|
|2020-21 College hoops||75-62-1||33-35||+5.225|
|2021 record (all sports)||75-54-1||38-27||+23.25|
|*–SP: Strongest plays; ROI: Return on investment|
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.