The No. 2 seed Alabama Crimson Tide (24-6) will compete with the No. 10 seed Maryland Terrapins (16-13) on Monday with a spot in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament up for grabs. Alabama is a 6-point favorite to take a step forward in the bracket, which begins at 8:45 PM ET on TNT.
In their last game, the Crimson Tide picked up a 68-55 win over Iona but did not cover the 17-point spread they were favored by. The teams went under the 147 point total set by sportsbooks. Herb Jones put up a team-high 20 points in the victory on Saturday.
Eric Ayala led the way for the Terrapins with a team-high 23 points last time out as they picked up a 63-54 win over UConn and covered the 4-point spread as underdogs. The teams combined to hit the under on the 130 point total set for the matchup.
Maryland at Alabama: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Maryland +220 (bet $100 to win $220) | Alabama -275 (bet $275 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Maryland +6 (-110) | Alabama -6 (-110)
- Over/Under: 137.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Alabama: Three things to know
- Herbert Jones leads the Crimson Tide in both rebounds (6.5 per game) and assists (3.4 per game).
- The 79.2 points per game the Crimson Tide score are 14.6 more points than the Terrapins give up (64.6).
- Alabama is 16-0-1 against the spread and 24-3 overall when scoring more than 64.6 points.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Risk-free first bet up to $600! Promotion available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV.
Maryland: Three things to know
- Ayala leads the Terrapins in scoring, putting up 15.2 points per game. Ayala paces the squad with a team-high 2.0 made three-pointers per game.
- The Terrapins score an average of 68.6 points per game, just 0.7 fewer points than the 69.3 the Crimson Tide give up.
- Maryland has put together a 6-0 ATS record and a 10-2 overall record in games where it scores more than 69.3 points.
Maryland at Alabama: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Alabama 75, Maryland 65
The model and BetMGM both have the Alabama Crimson Tide as the favorite in this game.
Against the spread (ATS)
The MGM line for this game has the Crimson Tide favored by six, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (9.8 points). Put your money on the Crimson Tide.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (140.4 points) marginally higher than the MGM over/under (137.5 points).
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Powered by Data Skrive