The Texas Tech Red Raiders (11-4 overall, 4-3 Big 12) visit the West Virginia Mountaineers (10-4, 3-3) in a Monday night Big 12 tussle at WVU Coliseum in Morgantown. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET. Below, we analyze the Texas Tech-West Virginia college basketball odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Texas Tech was No. 13 in last week’s Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports. West Virginia was 15th (the new poll will be released Monday).
Texas Tech at West Virginia: Odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Texas Tech +105 (bet $100 to win $105) | West Virginia -125 (bet $125 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Texas Tech +1.5 (-110) | West Virginia -1.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 136.5 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Texas Tech at West Virginia: Three things to know
- The Mountaineers returned from a two-week COVID-19-induced hiatus with a 69-47 win at Kansas State Saturday. Head coach Bob Huggins had expressed concerns about his team’s defense over a rough stretch in late December and early January (three losses in a five-game span). At KSU, West Virginia forced 27 turnovers while holding the Wildcats to a 38.1% mark from field-goal range.
- Texas Tech had two games postponed last week and is taking the court for the first time in nine days. The Red Raiders have logged solid road wins against similar competition twice already this season. TTU won 69-67 at Oklahoma Dec. 22 and 79-77 at Texas Jan. 13.
- Texas Tech junior G Mac McClung has been on a roll since conference play got underway. McClung is averaging 16.3 points per game on the season, but he has tallied 16-plus in five straight games. That includes 22 at Texas and 24 vs. Baylor.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, MI, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM‘s risk-free, first-bet offer!
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Special West Virginia College Basketball Offer: Bet $1 on West Virginia’s money line, win an additional $100 (in free bets) if West Virginia hits a 3-pointer during their game. Place your legal, online bets in West Virginia at BetMGM. Bet now!
Texas Tech at West Virginia: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
West Virginia 68, Texas Tech 67
Money line (ML)
Texas Tech is not an elite shooting team, so any rest/rust issue there will tend to get overblown. The Raiders are elite when it comes to getting to the free-throw line, and that plays into a LEAN ON TEXAS TECH +105 here. The outages of late on both sides bring in some gray area, and the lean is a light one.
Against the spread (ATS)
As with the ML play, there isn’t much to see here: just a SLIVER OF VALUE ON THE RED RAIDERS +1.5 (-110).
The Over is 5-1 in TTU’s last six games and 3-1 in WVU’s last four. The total for this one was released in the 134.5-to-135 range, and it shot up a couple of points. Texas Tech is a slow-tempo team and the 136.5 tag would match the Raiders’ highest total since Nov. 27.
The Under is 4-2 over the last six head-to-head meetings. Both these teams can vigorously defend every look, and both have been dragged into 60-something totals of late.
TAKE THE UNDER 136.5 (-105).
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.