June 11, 2021
by VI News
2021 Heisman Trophy Odds
Odds Provided by bet365 – Subject to Change
How to Read the Heisman Trophy Odds
Quarterback Spencer Rattler of Oklahoma has been tabbed the early Heisman Trophy betting favorite at 9/2 odds (Bet $100 to win $450) per bet365.
That’s always been a common trend with this award, but 2020 saw things play out differently. Alabama wide receiver DeVonta Smith surged late in the season and won the award, with some bettors cashing tickets as high as 50/1 odds.
Along with Rattler, this year’s 2021 Heisman Trophy Odds contenders include the below players and they’re all quarterbacks.
- Bryce Young (Alabama) +650
- D.J. Uiagalelei (Clemson) +700
- JT Daniels (Georgia) +1000
- Sam Howell (North Carolina) +1000
The 2021 Heisman Trophy finalists will be announced on Dec. 6, 2021, and the ceremony is expected to take place on Saturday, Dec. 11, 2021.
2022 College Football Playoff Odds Comparison
Heisman Trophy History
The Heisman Trophy winner has been a quarterback in eight of the last 10 seasons with the two outliers coming from Alabama.
WR DeVonta Smith brought home the hardware for the Crimson Tide in the shortened 2020 season while running back Derrick Henry took the honors for ‘Bama in 2015.
- 2020 – DeVonta Smith, Alabama WR
- 2019 – Joe Burrow, LSU QB
- 2018 – Kyler Murray, Oklahoma QB
- 2017 – Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma QB
- 2016 – Lamar Jackson, Louisville QB
- 2015 – Derrick Henry, Alabama RB
- 2014 – Marcus Mariota, Oregon QB
- 2013 – Jameis Winston, Florida State QB
- 2012 – Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M QB
- 2011 – Robert Griffin III, Baylor QB