UPDATE: Sunday night’s game between the Atlanta Braves and New York Mets has been postponed due to rain. They will make it up as part of a doubleheader at Citi Field July 26.
The Atlanta Braves (24-26) and New York Mets (25-20) wrap up a two-game series on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. First pitch at Citi Field is slated for 7:08 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbook‘s lines around the Braves vs. Mets odds with MLB picks and predictions.
2021 series: Mets lead 3-1
Friday’s opener was rained out and the Mets beat the Braves 13-2 Saturday behind a season-high 5 homers.
LHP Max Fried is the Braves’ projected starter for Sunday. He is 2-2 with a 4.63 ERA (35 IP, 18 ER), 1.49 WHIP, 8.7 K/9 and 3.6 BB/9 in 7 starts this season.
- Last outing: Win, 7 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 3 BB, 2 K in 7-1 home victory vs. Pittsburgh Pirates on May 23
- Career vs. Mets: 3-2, 2.73 ERA (56 IP, 17 ER), 1.32 WHIP, 9.6 K/9 in 9 starts and 5 relief appearances
- 2021 vs. Mets: 0-1, 6 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 2 BB, 8 K in 3-1 home loss May 17
RHP Jacob deGrom is the Mets’ projected starter. He is 3-2 with a 0.80 ERA (45 IP, 4 ER), 0.60 WHIP, 14.8 K/9 and 1.4 BB/9 in 7 starts.
- Last outing: No-decision, 5 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 0 BB, 9 K vs. Colorado Rockies on May 25 (Mets won 3-1)
- Career vs. Braves: 8-7, 1.94 ERA (148 1/3 IP, 32 ER), 0.97 WHIP, 11.0 K/9 in 23 starts
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team’s money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you’ll get up to $600 in free bets. Bet now!
Braves at Mets odds, lines, picks and prediction
MLB odds courtesy of BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports for a full list. Odds last updated at 9:21 a.m. ET.
- Money line: Braves +105 (bet $100 to win $105) | Mets -125 (bet $125 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Braves +1.5 (-225) | Mets -1.5 (+180)
- Over/Under: 5.5 (O: -120 | U: +100)
Mets 2, Braves 1
Money line (ML)
NEW YORK (-125) is the STRONGEST PLAY – 1½ times your usual wager. Both starting pitchers are coming off solid outings, but a line like this on deGrom, the majors’ ERA leader, is too good pass up.
Plus, Atlanta is without LF Marcell Ozuna, who landed on the injured list Friday with two dislocated fingers. Ozuna led the NL with 18 homers last season. In off-the-field news, the two-time All-Star was arrested Saturday on charges of aggravated assault by strangulation and battery.
FANTASY BASEBALL: Serious about winning your league? Sign up for BaseballHQ.com to dominate the competition. Subscribe now!
Run line/Against the spread (ATS)
PASS. Both clubs are under .500 ATS this season with the Braves owning the third-worst ATS record among all 30 MLB teams.
ATS records: Braves 19-31 | Mets 21-24
Back UNDER 5.5 (+100) to WIN A HALF UNIT. Toss out deGrom’s first start of 2021, which went Over by a half run, and he’s 0-5-1 O/U for the season. Meanwhile, the Under is 4-2-1 in Fried’s starts, including 3-0-1 in his last 4 starts.
O/U records: Mets 18-23-2 | Braves 27-21-2
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests. Play now!
Bet on this game now at BetMGM Sportsbook. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
|2021 (all sports)||156-137-3||66-60-1||+10.24|
|*–SP: Strongest plays; ROI: Return on investment|
Follow @JohnnyParlay11 on Twitter. Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.