The No. 9 seed Missouri Tigers (16-9) and the No. 8 seed Oklahoma Sooners (15-10) will meet on Saturday at 7:25 PM ET in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament. Missouri is a 1-point favorite in the matchup, which airs on TNT. Here’s everything you need to know ahead of this 8-9 matchup in the West Region bracket.
The Tigers were led by 14 points from Xavier Pinson in their 70-64 loss to Arkansas on Friday. They failed to cover the spread in the contest and the teams combined to go under the 149-point over/under.
Brady Manek led the way for the Sooners with a team-high 19 points last time out as they lost to Kansas 69-62 and failed to cover the 2.5-point spread. The teams combined to hit the under on the 135.5 point total set for the matchup.
Missouri at Oklahoma: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Missouri -110 (bet $110 to win $100) | Oklahoma -110 (bet $110 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Missouri -1 (-110) | Oklahoma +1 (-110)
- Over/Under: 139.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Missouri: Three things to know
- Dru Smith leads the Tigers in points and assists. He puts up 14.1 points per game while also adding 3.9 assists. Pinson averages 1.7 made threes per game to lead the team.
- The 73.6 points the Tigers score per game are just 4.4 more points than the Sooners surrender (69.2).
- Missouri is 10-0 against the spread and 12-4 overall when scoring more than 69.2 points.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Oklahoma: Three things to know
- Austin Reaves leads the Sooners in points, rebounds and assists. He puts up 17.7 points per game while tacking on 5.7 rebounds and 4.7 assists. Umoja Gibson leads the squad with a team-high 2.2 made three-pointers per game.
- The Sooners average only 2.9 more points per game (74.8) than the Tigers allow their opponents to score (71.9).
- When it scores more than 71.9 points, Oklahoma is 8-0 against the spread and 13-3 overall.
Missouri at Oklahoma: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Oklahoma 73, Missouri 72
The model favors the Sooners in this game, going against BetMGM’s money line favorite, the Tigers.
Against the spread (ATS)
While MGM has the Tigers winning by one, the model has the Sooners taking home the victory, though the margin is fairly small (2.4 points). Lean toward taking the Sooners.
The MGM point total for this matchup is just 5.3 points lower than the model projection.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Powered by Data Skrive