The New York Mets (0-1) and Philadelphia Phillies (4-0) continue their three-game series Tuesday at Citizens Bank Park with a 7:05 p.m. ET first pitch (on ESPN). Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbook‘s lines around the Mets vs. Phillies odds with MLB picks and predictions.
The Phillies took Monday’s opener 5-3 to remain undefeated. It was the Mets’ first game of the season since their opening series was postponed because of Washington Nationals COVID-19 issues.
New York RHP Jacob deGrom tossed six scoreless innings, but the bullpen blew a 2-0 lead as Philly scored all five of its runs in the eighth. Philadelphia tied the game 2-all on C J.T. Realmuto’s RBI single and took the lead for good when New York 3B Luis Guillorme, a defensive replacement, made a two-run throwing error.
RHP Marcus Stroman is expected to start for the Mets Tuesday. It will be his first appearance in two seasons as he opted to sit out in 2020 due to COVID-19 concerns. In 2019, he went 10-13 with a 3.22 ERA, 1.31 WHIP, 7.8 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9 in 184 1/3 IP in 32 starts with the Mets and Toronto Blue Jays.
- 2019 for Mets: 4-2, 3.77 ERA (59 2/3 IP, 25 ER), 1.48 WHIP, 9.1 K/9, 3.5 BB/9 in 11 starts
- Career vs. Phillies: 2-1, 3.66 ERA (19 2/3 IP, 8 ER) in 5 games, including 3 starts
RHP Chase Anderson is scheduled to make his Phillies debut. Last season with the Blue Jays, he was 1-2 with a 7.22 ERA, 1.63 WHIP, 10.2 K/9 and 2.7 BB/9 in 10 games (7 starts).
- 2020 vs. Mets: 0-1, 13.50 ERA (2 2/3 IP, 4 ER), 4 K, 3 BB in 1 start
- Career vs. Mets: 2-3, 4.58 ERA (39 1/3 IP, 20 ER) in 8 starts
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team’s money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you’ll get up to $600 in free bets. Bet now!
Mets at Phillies odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Mets -135 (bet $135 to win $100) | Phillies +110 (bet $100 to win $110)
- Against the spread/ATS: Mets -1.5 (+120) | Phillies +1.5 (-145)
- Over/Under: 9 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Phillies 5, Mets 3
Money line (ML)
Back the PHILLIES (+110) with a HALF-UNIT play. They’re 4-0. Let’s keep riding the Philly train until it stops.
Bet PHILADELPHIA +1.5 (-145) to win a QUARTER UNIT. If your usual 1-unit play is $100, the play here would be a $36.25 wager to profit $25 if the Phillies win outright or don’t lose by 2 or more runs.
ATS records: Mets 0-1 | Phillies 3-1
UNDER 9 (-110) is worth a HALF-UNIT wager. The Phillies opened the season with 3 consecutive Unders. Monday’s game went Over in the Mets’ last at-bat.
If the line drops below 9, the play becomes a PASS.
O/U records: Mets 1-0 | Phillies 1-3
Note: There is no STRONGEST PLAY on this card.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests. Play now!
|JOHNNY PARLAY’S RECORD||W-L||SP||ROI|
|2021 record (all sports)||105-91-1||50-43||+8.8|
|*–SP: Strongest plays; ROI: Return on investment|
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.