The Ohio State Buckeyes (18-5 overall, 12-5 Big Ten) visit the Michigan State Spartans (12-9, 6-9) Thursday. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET at Breslin Center in East Lansing, Mich.
Below, we analyze the Ohio State-Michigan State odds and lines, with NCAA college basketball picks and predictions.
Five Big Ten teams are in the Top 25 of the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports. Three – No. 3 Michigan, No. 4 Illinois and No. 5 Ohio State – are in the top five.
With its 12-5 Big Ten record, the Buckeyes are third in the conference, while the Spartans are 10th.
Ohio State at Michigan State: Odds, spread and lines
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated at 4:25 p.m. ET.
- Money line: Ohio State -175 (bet $175 to win $100) | Michigan State +145 (bet $100 to win $145)
- Against the spread/ATS: Ohio State -3.5 (-110) | Michigan State +3.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 145.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Ohio State at Michigan State: Three things to know
- Ohio State had a 7-game win streak snapped with a tight 92-87 home loss to No. 3 Michigan Sunday as a 1.5-point underdog. OSU junior G Duane Washington Jr. scored a career-high 30 points, including 5 3-pointers. Sophomore F E.J. Liddell, who added 23 points and 10 boards, leads the Buckeyes in scoring (15.9 points per game) and rebounds (6.8 RPG).
- Michigan State is coming off an impressive 81-72 home victory over No. 4 Illinois Tuesday as a 6.5-point underdog. Junior F Aaron Henry tallied 20 points and senior G Joshua Langford added 13 points with a career-high 16 rebounds in MSU’s biggest win of the season. Henry averages team-bests in scoring (15.2 PPG), assists (3.5 APG) and steals (1.3 SPG).
- Ohio State cruised to a 79-62 home win vs. Michigan State as a 5.5-point favorite Jan. 31. The Buckeyes led 42-30 at the half and held the Spartans to a 32.1% field-goal percentage for the game.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, MI, NJ, TN, VA and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM‘s risk-free, first-bet offer!
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Ohio State at Michigan State: Odds, lines, predictions and picks
Ohio State 79, Michigan State 77
Money line (ML)
The Spartans (+145) are tempting, but I’ll PASS and focus on the spread.
Play our new free daily Pick’em Challenge and win! Play now!
Against the spread (ATS)
Back MICHIGAN STATE +3.5 (-110). While MSU has looked awful at times this season, Tom Izzo-coached teams are known to turn it up a notch down the stretch. The Spartans were on a 2-14 ATS run before covering the spread in their past two games – upset victories at Indiana and vs. Illinois.
With the possibility of missing the NCAA tourney for the first time since 1997, expect the Spartans to give the Buckeyes all they can handle.
Plus, the home team is 8-2 ATS in the last 10 meetings of this series.
ATS: Ohio State 14-8-1 | Michigan State 6-15
OVER 145.5 (-110) is the STRONGEST PLAY – 1½ times your usual wager. Ohio State, which averages 78.1 PPG in Big Ten play, is 6-0 O/U in its last six road games and 8-2 O/U overall outside of Columbus.
Something clicked for Spartans two games ago in the second half when they outscored the Hoosiers 52-41. Then they put up 81 vs. the Illini.
O/U records: Ohio State 14-8-1 | Michigan State 10-11
Want some action on this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly..
|JOHNNY PARLAY’S RECORD||W-L||SP||ROI|
|2020-21 College hoops||72-61-1||32-34||+3.3|
|College hoops since Jan. 1||57-44-1||27-24||+10.025|
|2021 record (all sports)||72-53-1||37-26||+21.325|
|*–SP: Strongest plays; ROI: Return on investment|
Follow @JohnnyParlay11 on Twitter. Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama / Auburn / Florida / Georgia / LSU / Michigan / Michigan State / Notre Dame / Ohio State / Oklahoma / Tennessee / Texas / USC / Wisconsin
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.