Bet at

Oregon vs. USC picks, predictions: Who wins Pac-12 Sweet 16 NCAA Tournament game?

Bet at

SportsPulse: Gonzaga and Baylor enter the Sweet 16 as the clear favorites to win it all, but Scott Gleeson thinks there’s a trio of teams that can dethrone them. USA TODAY

No. 7 seed Oregon and No. 6 seed USC face off on Sunday in a Sweet 16 NCAA Tournament matchup.

Who will win and advance to the Elite 8?

Check out these picks and predictions for the West Region game, which can be seen at 6:45 p.m. Arizona time on TBS.

USC is a 1-point favorite in the game.

More Sweet 16 NCAA Tournament picks, predictions: USC will edge Oregon in Pac-12 matchup

Sam Wilkins writes: “USC vs Oregon is one of the closest Sweet 16 matches this year in terms of quality and seeding, thus we feel Sunday’s game will end up being a very tight affair, with USC coming out on top by the narrowest of margins. The Trojans crushed #3 Kansas in the Second Round by a score of 85-51, with this result showing everyone exactly what they’re capable of this year. Oregon also pulled off an excellent result in their Second Round match, as they beat Iowa by a scoreline of 95-80, however given how convincing USC were against Kansas, we can see the Trojans coming out on top by the narrowest of margins on Sunday.”

ESPN: USC a big favorite over Oregon

The site’s Basketball Power Index gives USC a 64.1% chance to pick up the victory and Oregon a 35.9% chance to get the win.

SportsBook Wire: Expect a close on in USC vs. Oregon game

Joe Williams writes: “The Trojans were bumped from the Pac-12 tourney against Colorado, falling 72-70 March 12. That loss really lit a fire under USC, as it’s playing their best basketball, perhaps of the entire season. USC trounced Drake by a 72-56 count in the first round, easily covering a 7.5-point number as the Under (135) connected. That paled in comparison to the amazing display against third-seed Kansas, as the Trojans rolled to an 85-51 rout, showing why the lower seed was actually favored by 1.5 points. These teams met just once in the regular season, with USC topping Oregon 72-58 as 3.5-point favorites Feb. 22 in Los Angeles as the Under (139.5) cashed.” USC will cover against Oregon

Rohit Ponnaiya writes: “Although both of these schools are coming off huge victories over highly regarded squads, the Trojans dominated on both ends of the floor in their win while the Ducks only dominated on half of the court. Their small lineup was absolutely abused by Hawkeyes big man Luka Garza, who went 14 of 20 from the field for 36 points, and they could be in for another rough night against the Trojans’ big men. If USC could pull away for an easy win against Oregon when the Ducks outside shots were falling and – even with a rare poor night from Evan Mobley – we feel very comfortable backing them at this spot on neutral ground. Take the Trojans to cover this small spread.”

More: Pac-12 dominating 2021 NCAA Tournament, conference gets four teams in Sweet 16

Will USC continue to roll in the NCAA Tournament? The Trojans face the Oregon Ducks in the Sweet 16.

Will USC continue to roll in the NCAA Tournament? The Trojans face the Oregon Ducks in the Sweet 16. (Photo: Adam Cairns, Adam Cairns/IndyStar)

Sports Chat Place: Go with USC to cover against Oregon

Randy Chambers writes: “The Ducks are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games as an underdog and 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall. The Trojans are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 NCAA Tournament games and 0-4 ATS in their last 4 Sunday games. The over is 36-17-1 in Ducks last 54 overall. The under is 5-1-1 in Trojans last 7 games as a favorite. The favorite is 9-2 ATS in the last 11 meetings. The Oregon Ducks looked great in their tournament opener against Iowa, as they were in control from the start and have the offensive depth to be a scary team for any opponent. However, the USC Trojans have been the more impressive team up to this point and is fresh off a contest where they absolutely destroyed Kansas. Speaking of beatdowns, USC beat Oregon in the only meeting this season, holding the Ducks to 40.4 percent shooting and winning by 14 points. In Oregon’s losses this season it’s struggled to find an offensive rhythm, and USC finished 11th this season in defensive field goal percentage. I lean toward the Trojans in this toss up contest.”

Action Network: USC vs. Oregon could go either way

It writes: “Oregon starts five upper-classmen who are all efficient on that end of the floor. That said, the defense is nowhere close to the level of the offense, especially in the interior, where they really miss the length of N’Faly Dante, who is out for the year. The Ducks are very vulnerable against elite post players. But this is still a Dana Altman-led team. That means they will be tough to prepare for in a tournament setting. Altman will press a bunch and switch between man and zone looks in the half court.”


Welcome to Please register to our site, As more States become Available for Online Gambling, We will automatically upgrade your status from Subscriber to Player. Please note we are not affilliated in any way with ESPN, CBS Sports, Home depot or CitiBank GameDay Programs.