The Atlanta Braves (16-17) play the Philadelphia Phillies (18-16) Sunday for the rubber match of their three-game set at Truist Park. First pitch is scheduled for 7:08 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbook‘s lines around the Phillies vs. Braves with MLB picks and predictions.
Atlanta battled back from a 3-run deficit twice in its 8-7 extra-innings victory Saturday. The Braves were down 3-0 after the second inning but scored two in the bottom of the 9th to send it into extras.
Atlanta then rallied from three runs back entering the bottom of the 12th to win with a walk-off RBI single by RF Ehire Adrianza.
Season series: Phillies lead 5-3.
RHP Aaron Nola gets the start for the Phillies. He is 3-1 with a 2.89 ERA (43 2/3 IP, 14 ER), 0.99 WHIP, 1.4 BB/9 and 10.1 K/9 through 7 starts.
- Last outing: Win in 6 IP with 1 ER, 5 H, 2 BB and 10 K Tuesday vs. the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Career vs. Braves: 11-6 with a 3.03 ERA (130 2/3 IP, 44 ER), 1.15 WHIP and 8.1 K/9 in 21 starts.
- vs. Braves on the current roster: 197 at-bats with a .254/.323/.447 slash line and 11 HR.
RHP Huascar Ynoa is the projected starter for the Braves. He is 3-1 with a 2.36 ERA (34 1/3 IP, 9 ER), 0.90 WHIP, 2.1 BB/9 and 10.0 K/9 over 6 starts and 1 relief appearance.
- Last outing: Win in 7 IP with 0 ER, 4 H, 2 BB and 4 K at the Washington Nationals Tuesday. Ynoa helped himself out and provided his own run support by hitting a grand slam.
- Career vs. Phillies: 0-0 with a 2.45 ERA (7 1/3 IP, 2 ER), 1.09 WHIP and 4.9 K/9 over 1 start and 3 relief appearances.
- vs. Phillies on the current roster: 18 at-bats with a .222/.333/.444 slash line.
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team’s money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you’ll get up to $600 in free bets. Bet now!
Phillies at Braves odds, lines, picks and prediction
MLB odds courtesy of BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports for a full list. Odds last updated at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- Money line: Phillies -110 (bet $110 to win $100) | Braves -110 (bet $110 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Phillies -1.5 (+150) | Braves +1.5 (-185)
- Over/Under: 7.5 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Phillies 4, Braves 3
Money line (ML)
GIMME the PHILLIES (-110) for 1 unit because Philly has its ace on the mound against an Atlanta lineup that’ll be easier to navigate if OF Ronald Acuna Jr. misses tonight’s game due to a finger injury.
There’s a bit of noise in Ynoa’s basic pitching stats because Statcast grades Ynoa in the 22nd percentile of exit velocity and in the seventh percentile of hard-hit rate (50.6%).
A big reason for Ynoa’s sub-3.00 ERA is his fortunate .225 BABIP and 87.5% left-on-base rates.
Both bullpens are middle to bottom-10 units and while Atlanta has been a little more productive in the batter’s box this year, Nola has pitched well vs. Braves hitters.
Furthermore, there’s less noise in Nola’s numbers as Statcast grades Nola in the 74th percentile of hard-hit rate, 78th percentile of expected wOBA and 91st percentile in BB%.
FANTASY BASEBALL: Serious about winning your league? Sign up for BaseballHQ.com to dominate the competition. Subscribe now!
Run line/Against the spread (ATS)
PASS because Ynoa has good stuff and should give his team a chance to win, Nola just has the edge and more importantly, the Phillies are 6-18 on the run line as road favorites since the start of last season.
Slight “LEAN” to the UNDER 7.5 (-105) for a quarter unit since it has slightly reduced vig because all the Under action in the market has steamed this total down from the 8-run opener.
Both starters are strong and winds are blowing from left to right, which doesn’t aid the hitters, and we are getting the worst of the number.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests. Play now!
Bet on this game now at BetMGM Sportsbook. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow Geoff Clark on Twitter. Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.